The online Post-Baccalaureate Transitional Certification Program is designed for Nebraska residents who already have a bachelor's degree and are eager to become teachers.
This program is designed for:
- Recent college graduates.
- Mid-career professionals who want to become a teacher.
- Individuals with personal or professional commitments utilize this program to become teachers when they are unable to attend on-campus college classes.
Students who meet the qualifications to start the Post-Baccalaureate Transitional Certification Program are also eligible to be hired by any Nebraska Department of Education approved school system, including parochial or private schools, to start teaching in their endorsement area under a Transitional Permit. Passing scores on Praxis Core and Subject Assessment (formerly Praxis II) are required for full certification.
Note: Arrangements are made for participants to complete school-based field experiences for each of the courses in the sequence in their local or nearby school districts.
Because these arrangements are made with participating school districts across the state, UNK's online transitional teacher certification program is available to Nebraska residents only, and in the following endorsement areas:
- Art PK-12
- Biology 7-12
- BMIT (Business, Marketing, and Information Technology) 6-12
- Chemistry 7-12
- English Language Arts 7-12
- Health & PE PK-12
- Middle Level English Language Arts 5-9
- Middle Level Mathematics 5-9
- Middle Level Science 5-9
- Middle Level Social Science 5-9
- Music Education PK-12
- Physical Education PK-12
- Physical Education 7-12
- Physics 7-12
- Secondary English 7-12
- World Language 7-12: French
- World Language 7-12: German
- World Language 7-12: Spanish
- Additional endorsement areas may be available upon request from a hiring school district.