The online Master of Education or Master of Arts in Special Education program prepares students to support excellent outcomes for young children birth to age 5 with special needs and their families.
Students choose the Special Education, MA or M Ed programs with a specialization because:
- The program offers a master's degree with a specialization in Early Childhood Special Education, Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Orientation and Mobility, and Visual Impairments.
- The program offers coursework leading to the completion of the requirements for initial teaching certification in Nebraska.
- The flexible online format allows busy professionals the opportunity to learn from dedicated faculty members.
- The collaborative learning experience allows students to gain insight from colleagues across the country.
Whether the student is an entry-level or experienced educator in the field of early intervention, this program will increase their ability to provide services for young children with delays/disabilities and their families that are:
- Developmentally appropriate
More about the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) Department of Special Education and Communication Disorders: The Department of Special Education and Communication Disorders (SECD) is dedicated to enhancing the lives of individuals with special needs, their families, schools, and communities.
The vision is that every individual with special needs will:
- Achieve maximum potential for learning.
- Communicate autonomously.
- Enjoy optimum health and well-being throughout the lifespan.
Students have the ability to choose to:
- Take one or a few classes of interest.
- Pursue the teaching endorsement or graduate certificate.
- Complete a graduate degree.