The online Master of Arts in Education (MA Ed) in Special Education Advanced Practitioner with emphasis in Functional Academic Skills and Independent Living degree program is designed for individuals with a passion for creating life skills programs for individuals with disabilities.
Reasons students choose this program:
- Learn how to create and implement life skill programs.
- Gain knowledge in assisting students in the transition from public school to post-school work environments.
- Acquire strategies to assist teachers in including students with multiple disabilities in the general education classroom.
- Prepare for doctoral programs in education aimed to help individuals with more progressed disabilities.
Upon completion of this program, students are eligible for a Nebraska endorsement as a Functional Academic Skills and Independent Living Specialist.
Note: Students seeking endorsement in states other than Nebraska must check with their State Department of Education for certification requirements.”
This endorsement allows the individual to teach children identified as having one of four disabilities:
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Multiple disabilities
- Traumatic brain injury
More about the Special Education, MA Ed, Advanced Practitioner program:
The Master of Arts in Education: Special Education Advanced Practitioner program is designed for teachers who currently hold certification in Special Education and would like to further their education.
Students have four options to choose from:
- Behavior intervention specialist
- Inclusion and collaboration specialist
- Assistive technology specialist emphasis
- Functional academic skills and independent living specialist emphasis