Join a community that believes in academic excellence through a curriculum that is relevant to the real world. All University of Nebraska colleges offer unique opportunities in research and hands-on experiences that are critical to gaining an edge in a competitive global marketplace.
With the resources, faculty and technology at Nebraska, you’ll collaborate, invent, research, contribute and succeed—all before you graduate. No matter what your ambition is, you can make it happen here.
To be accepted into this program you must have:
- A bachelor's degree.
- Received the equivalent of a grade of B or better in a college-level statistics course, differential calculus and integral calculus.
- One year of previous work experience.
- Taken the TOEFL (only required if English is not your native language).
- A written personal statement. The personal statement should be single-spaced, one-page in length and describe the applicants: interest in and potential for contributing to the field of public health, career objectives and a self-assessment of personal skills and general preparation for succeeding in a public health graduate program.
- Three letters of recommendation. Applicants must submit 3 letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to academic, practice and/or research abilities. Ideally, recommenders are recent professors, researchers or employers. Recent graduates (last 1-3) years should include faculty references among their 3 references. Employer and supervisor letters or recommendation are appropriate for those who may have graduated or have been employed in the workforce for several years, or for those who are a member of the armed services.
- A professional resume or CV that includes employment history, professional experience/skills and volunteer/service experience.
- Official transcripts from all previous schools.
- All non-US transcripts must be evaluated by the World Education Service (WES) using their ICAP Course-by-course evaluation service.
To verify this program is permitted in your state, see our Distance Education State Authorization Dashboard.
Application Fee: $0
- Complete the online application. Use the "School Designation" section in online application to select program and area of concentration you wish to apply.
- Submit application fee.