The online Master of Public Administration (MPA) with a concentration in Local Government degree program prepares graduates for a career in public service.
Local governments provide the most essential of public services, such as health and safety, transportation, sanitation, environment and utilities. Public administrators play a critical role in the delivery of these services and the management of local government organizations.
Students of the online Public Administration, MPA (Local Government) program gain skills to:
- Develop competencies to work in public service and succeed in this level of government.
- Plan and implement innovative, efficient and effective strategies affecting constituencies ranging from the most vulnerable to the most affluent populations.
- Make tough decisions regarding the allocation of resources while ensuring social equity.
- Protect natural resources, build cities and lead communities.
- Become a steward of the democratic way of life.
Students choose the online Master of Public Administration program because of the:
- High-quality curriculum from a distinguished, accredited university.
- Faculty members regarded as national and international scholars and leaders in the field of public administration who share a deep commitment to effective teaching and rigorous research.
- Opportunities for internships and networking with city administrators.
- Coursework offered through the UNO Urban Studies program.
- Low tuition from a convenient, accessible location.
- Flexible coursework offered 100% online, allowing for personal and skill development on a schedule that is conducive to busy professionals.