The online Master of Arts (MA) in History teaches students to interpret historical evidence, connect events and ideas, think critically and communicate effectively. Through a combination of historical coursework and research, students are given opportunities to collaborate and network to prepare them for success in their career.
Students choose online History, MA because:
- Thesis and non-thesis options.
- The program paves the path to teach dual credit and/or community college courses.
- Low teacher/student ratios fostering student/professor relationships.
- Extensive online course offerings each semester with emphasis on areas such as the history of the American West, Early Modern Europe history, Gender history, Military history and Modern US history.
- Public/digital history specializations available.
- A respected, affordable University of Nebraska degree.
- Flexibility in degree completion to accommodate busy schedules, no residency requirement.
The program is highly customizable and is designed to fulfil the needs of each student. Whether students are teachers, those starting a graduate career or enthusiasts desiring further professional development, course offerings include American, European, World, Public and Digital History. Students study the many ways people interact politically, economically, militarily and culturally in both the U.S. and international history.
Coursework is taught by faculty members who are recognized for the high quality of their scholarship, teaching and service. The program seeks to serve those in active military duty and their families, those interested in becoming community college educators and students wishing to pursue a Ph.D. in history.