The online Master of Arts in Education (MA Ed) in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in School Librarian degree program prepares students with the best practices for instruction and assessment based on the students they teach.
This unique program is designed to provide educators with the opportunity to:
- Gain knowledge and skill in the design, development and evaluation of school curriculum.
- Develop skills and knowledge to lead a school library in a PK-12 school.
- Acquire technological expertise for their school or district.
- Advance their professional growth.
This concentration leads to a School Librarian Endorsement, which has received national recognition from the:
- American Library Association (ALA)
- American Association of School Librarians (AASL)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
The Curriculum and Instruction program is designed to provide educators with the opportunity to gain knowledge and skill in the design, development and evaluation of school curriculum. The program requires four core courses covering areas of research, democracy, diversity and technology in accordance with the College of Education at the University of Nebraska at Kearney.
Course options are available for students who already have a teaching permit as well as those seeking to qualify for a transitional teaching permit through the Curriculum and Instruction program.