The online Master of Arts in Education (MA Ed) in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in Elementary Education degree program is designed to prepare you with best-practice knowledge to develop and assess curricula to maximize student learning in the K-6 classroom.
Through coursework, students gain:
- Knowledge and skill in the design, development and evaluation of school curriculum.
- Greater expertise in the area of elementary education in the K-6 setting.
- Credentials for career advancement.
The Curriculum and Instruction program is designed to provide educators with the opportunity to gain knowledge and skill in the design, development and evaluation of school curriculum. The program requires four core courses covering areas of research, democracy, diversity and technology in accordance with the College of Education at the University of Nebraska at Kearney.
Course options are available for students who already have a teaching permit as well as those seeking to qualify for a transitional teaching permit through the Curriculum and Instruction program.
The Curriculum and Instruction, MA Ed program offers the following specializations:
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- English as a Second Language
- Instructional Effectiveness
- Montessori Early Childhood
- Montessori-Elementary I
- Reading/Special Education
- School Librarian
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Secondary Education
- Transitional Certification