The online Master of Arts (MA) in Critical & Creative Thinking with a concentration in Ethics & Values degree program, students discover the manner in which our ethics and values impinge on the rest of our lives. Students will apply a wide variety of theories and methodologies from philosophy, religious studies, and political science in the exploration of the human condition.
Through coursework, students will:
- Gain a deeper theoretical understanding of the multifaceted relationships between ethics and values.
- Analyze the cross-cultural significance of human values, ethical practices and social movements in the geopolitics of globalization and sustainability.
- Explore the relationship between ethics and other facets of human experience such as culture, politics, religion and economics.
- Investigate the nature of conflict and different strategies or conflict resolution and gain a fuller toolbox of ways to respond to the tensions that often erupt from the collision of different ethics and values.
Students completing this program must complete 30 credit hours, including the following requirements:
- Introduction to Critical and Creative Thinking.
- Twelve credit hours chosen from a primary concentration.
- An additional twelve credit hours chosen through an array of electives from outside the primary concentration or from a secondary MA CCT concentration.
- A graduate project.