The online Master of Science (MS) in Criminology and Criminal Justice degree program is designed for professional practitioners in the field of criminal justice. The program emphasizes crime and criminal justice research, theory, planning and administration.
Students choose the online Criminology and Criminal Justice, MS because:
- The School of Criminology and Criminal Justice is a nationally recognized leader in the scientific study of the causes of crime and criminal justice system responses.
- Faculty are subject matter experts in youth and adult victimization, correctional excellence, policing and global terrorism among other critical areas of criminal justice.
- A professionally oriented master's degree can help students advance their careers, improve their professional skills and develop new competencies.
- Students gain knowledge in areas such as law, political science and sociology leading to a well-rounded education.
- Online courses provide students with more flexibility and control over their schedule and students can complete the degree as quickly as 18 months.
Faculty experts partner with criminal justice agencies and community organizations to generate solutions to crime in communities and enhance criminal justice policies and practices. Faculty research projects are supported through federal funding agencies such as the National Institute of Justice, as well as state and local partners.
At UNO, students actively collaborate to enhance their understanding of the causes and correlates of crime, the criminal justice response to crime, and contribute to the developing scientific knowledge by creating more effective solutions to enhance community safety.