The online Master of Applied Science (MAS) degree program prepares students pursuing a professional degree in agriculture, food, and natural resources at the master's level. Students of this program become the problem-solvers, innovators, and teachers pertaining to the great challenges our world faces related to food, energy, and water in our landscapes.
Students choose the online Applied Science, MAS program because of:
- Flexibility in coursework allows students to customize their learning experience to fit their needs and interests.
- Convenient online courses work well for agricultural and natural resource professionals so they can advance their degree while continuing to work in their profession.
- Skill development in science and leadership to expand their career options in a variety of areas.
- Thesis and non-thesis options are available.
The requirements for this degree include 30 credit hours of coursework with at least 15 credit hours in an area of concentration, which may be interdisciplinary. 15 credit hours must be completed in a secondary area of emphasis for depth in studies.
In addition to gaining the science and leadership skills necessary to expand their career options, students are able to individualize their program by choosing several areas of study, such as:
- Agricultural Economics
- Animal Science
- Food Science & Technology
- Leadership Education
- Mechanized Systems Management
- Natural Resource Sciences
- Veterinary Science