The online Executive Certificate in Space Law, program is designed for practicing attorneys interested in specializing and expanding their expertise in an emerging area.
Space law is the study of the laws and regulations that impact most any activity related to activities in space, on the ground, in orbit, or beyond. Space law touches every practical step of getting any object or person into space, from conception, to launch, to re-entry.
Students choose the Space Law, Executive Certificate to:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of how the law governs outer space.
- Learn a unique mixture of international, U.S. administrative and industry-specific law.
- Prepare for the ever-changing field of law.
Online students join law classrooms in real-time using VoIP technology. Class times are generally during the workday and online students participate part-time, for 75% of class sessions, unless obtaining a waiver from the faculty member teaching course and the program director. The remaining 25% of class time may be viewed via class recordings, giving students flexibility along with a valuable classroom experience.
This certificate is open to those who already have a J.D. or a foreign law degree. Additionally, there is a strong preference for applicants to have a minimum of three years of prior legal experience. Students enrolled in this certificate program, prior to completion of the certificate, may apply to transfer into the LL.M. degree (also listed on this site).
Students should apply via the Law School Admissions Council at lsac.org. The program will appear with the LLM applications and is Nebraska College of Law Application L5. We require a personal statement, all undergraduate and law college transcripts, the LSAC application questionnaire, a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 letters of recommendation and a resume.