The online Graduate Certificate in Health Professions Teaching & Technology program prepares today's leading health professions educators. Students are prepared to become the next generation of health educators in the areas of allied health, dentistry, emergency preparedness, medicine, nursing, and other health professions.
Students of the Health Professions Teaching & Technology, graduate certificate program chose this program because:
- Tailored approach to the learner's unique needs through elective coursework and portfolio creation.
- Curriculum designed and delivered by interdisciplinary health professions faculty.
- Focus on innovative education technology throughout courses.
- Content relevance to the student's role as an educator.
Courses explore learning theory, best practices in teaching, the design and application of educational research, and investigation of the uses of instructional technology in health professions education.
This unique online option allows students to take one course or complete the entire graduate certificate option. Students may utilize the coursework obtained through the Health Professions Teaching & Technology graduate certificate program and apply it to the Health Professions Teaching & Technology, MHPTT program.
Learning outcomes include:
- A solid foundation in health science education, teaching skills and the science of teaching.
- The ability to assess and integrate new and emerging technology into their teaching.
- Interprofessional instruction and innovative teaching methods in both academic and non-academic settings.
- A tool-kit for effective integration of technology for maximization of learning.
- The ability to create interprofessional collaboration and networking with faculty and the student community.