The online Graduate Certificate in Engineering Management program is designed to position students as effective managers through the purposeful curriculum, faculty expertise, and a broad range of perspectives in the engineering field.
Why do students choose this program?
- Gain technical project management and organizational leadership skills for the engineering and technical workplace.
- Network alongside experienced professionals and learn to make strategic decisions when leading engineering professionals and projects.
- Learn to integrate business and engineering principles to solve problems, make decisions, and manage risks in engineering and technology environments.
- Become empowered to confidently lead projects that are both innovative and cost-effective.
The online Engineering Management program is one of eight programs internationally certified by the American Society of Engineering Management (ASEM) for meeting several rigorous ASEM standards, among which are alignment of curriculum with the domains of Engineering Management Body of Knowledge and for its program delivery and administration.
With ASEM certification, our graduates are exempt from testing to become a Certified Associate Engineering Manager (CAEM) and may apply to ASEM to earn the credential.
The curriculum prepares the students to:
- Effectively lead in an engineering and technical environment.
- Successfully respond to technical and business challenges.
- Support their organization to be agile and competitive in a global economy.
Students complete 12 credit hours which are held in accelerated 8-week sessions. Individuals who successfully complete the Engineering Management, Graduate Certificate may use the credit hours earned toward completion of the Master of Engineering Management (MEM) program if they apply and are admitted to the MEM program.