The online Executive Certificate in Cyber and Telecommunications Law program is designed for practicing attorneys interested in specializing and expanding their expertise.
Telecommunications law covers every electronic communication and all broadcasting across the United States. From net neutrality, to cable contracts, to spectrum management, the world of telecommunications law is growing and changing with technology.
Students of the Cyber and Telecommunications Law, Executive Certificate gain:
- An understanding of the regulations that exist in this area.
- Knowledge of how cyber and telecommunications law are intertwined.
- Preparation in the ever-changing field of law.
Online students join law classrooms in real-time using VoIP technology. Class times are generally during the workday and online students participate part-time, for 75% of class sessions, unless obtaining a waiver from the faculty member teaching the course and the program director. The remaining 25% of class time may be viewed via class recordings, giving students flexibility along with a valuable classroom experience.
This certificate is open to those who already have a J.D. or a foreign law degree. Additionally, there is a strong preference for applicants to have a minimum of three years of prior legal experience. Students enrolled in this certificate program, prior to completion of the certificate, may apply to transfer into the LL.M. degree (also listed on this site).