The online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Social Work degree program is designed for individuals seeking to make a difference in the lives of people from all walks of life and to improve the responsiveness of societal institutions. Social work is more than a profession; it is a calling and a personal mission that compels ordinary individuals to make extraordinary efforts aimed at creating a more compassionate, moral, and inclusive society.
Reasons students choose this program:
- Give a voice to society's most vulnerable, advocate for the inclusion of those overlooked and left behind and create solutions to perplexing social challenges.
- Evidence-based generalist social work knowledge, skills, ethics and values to promote the dignity and well-being of all people within a diverse society.
- Ability to work with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities.
- Join one of the fastest growing and most meaningful career paths of the 21st century.
The UNK Department of Social Work has maintained accreditation at the baccalaureate level by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) since 1982. This accreditation allows students to classify as advanced standing students and complete their master's degree in social work from schools around the country in a faster and more affordable way.
The online Social Work, BS degree is ideal for those who:
- Desire to be a problem-solver.
- Dream of making life better for others.
- Are compelled to address and negotiate programs.
- Feel driven to advocate for fairness, justice and basic civil rights for all people.