The online RN to BSN degree in Nursing program prepares students for leadership roles in nursing practice through research opportunities, community engagement, and a collaborative educational experience in the service of health.
This online advancement option is designed for current registered nurses (RNs) with an Associate Degree in Nursing (AND) or Diploma in Nursing. As a group, nurses have enormous power to lobby for and create positive changes in health care policy, practices and systems.
Students choose this program because:
- Comprehensive curriculum at an affordable price.
- Only 20 credit hours are required. Courses are offered in 16-week and 8-week sessions.
- Top-notch faculty, curriculum and learning technologies are designed for student learning, progression and advancement.
- Focused training on the 360-degree patient through dynamic learning, critical thinking, independent clinical judgment and evidence-based treatment.
- Earned credit for prior nursing education and work experience.
- Accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Classroom and clinical education standards incorporate recommendations by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, The Institute of Medicine, the Carnegie Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation all leading advocates of progressive, evidenced-based health care education.
Embedded through the curriculum:
- Care quality, patient safety and clinical education benchmarks.
- Dynamic learning high-fidelity simulation, interactive resources, distance options, web-based learning applications, testing and reporting systems with 24/7 access.
- Interprofessional clinical training students from all UNMC health professions train together in 360-degree patient care.