The online Bachelor of Science in Education (BS Ed) degree in Library Science is designed for those with a passion for enhancing the quality of life in their communities, campuses and schools by strengthening the link among individuals, information and technology.
The changing nature of skills required for 21st-century public, academic and special libraries has created a high demand for well-educated, credentialed, community-wise, digitally-skilled information professionals.
Online Library Science, BS Ed students enjoy:
- Meeting and learning alongside librarian professionals in their geographic area and collaborating with students around the world.
- A fully accredited program by the Higher Learning Commission meeting eligibility requirements for those seeking to pursue a graduate degree.
- Accessible, award-winning faculty with a deep knowledge of librarianship.
- Access to campus services, including library resources, technology services and advising.
- A high-quality undergraduate library science program available online.
The success of this program is demonstrated through our students. Graduates from UNO's Library Science programs enjoy very high employment placement rates upon graduation. In particular, this program boasts an employment placement rate of nearly 100% after graduation. This program has produced nearly a third of all Nebraska library leadership.
Additional opportunities demonstrated by our alumni include:
- Collaborating on projects with faculty members which include in-depth research in academic libraries.
- Advocating for clients through law libraries.
- Designing and implementing community-wide collaborative projects.
- Curating rare collections of materials in museums.
- Disseminating information about current treatments in medical libraries.
- Supporting innovation in business and industry through corporate libraries.