The online Bachelor of General Studies degree (BGS) with an area of concentration in Humanities allows students to customize their own degree with guidance from an academic adviser.
The Bachelor of General Studies opens doors to diverse career paths depending on the area of study you select. This unique program offers flexible options for students wishing to complete a bachelor's degree online.
Option 1: Students choose three out of the following four concentration areas (completing 15 credit hours in each area)
- Fine Arts: Art History, Music
- Humanities: English, Journalism, Speech
- Social Sciences: Psychology, History, Sociology
- Professional Studies: Management, Marketing, Accounting, Family Studies, Interior Design, Physical Education, Social Work
Option 2: Students choose to specialize in one concentration area above (30 credit hours) and a complementary concentration area (15 credit hours) as listed above. Request to speak with an adviser to determine the best fit for your educational goals.
Reasons students choose this program:
- Ability to customize the degree by selecting coursework in English, journalism, speech and more. English, journalism, speech and more.
- Generous transfer credit policy accepting of nontraditional credit.
- Flexible, online delivery allowing working adults to continue to work in their profession while completing coursework on a part-time basis.
- Ability to network with professionals from across the country.
Earning a bachelor's degree goes beyond increased earning potential:
- Career advancement and an edge on your resume.
- Expansion of career opportunities with the possibility of shifting into a new industry.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals with a bachelor’s degree have experienced lower unemployment rates than those with a high school diploma.
- Personal achievement and accomplishment.