The online Bachelor of General Studies degree (BGS) allows students to customize their bachelor's degree with guidance from an academic adviser.
Choose this program to:
- Gain the skills and credential sought by employers.
- Generous transfer credit policy accepting of nontraditional credit.
- Flexible, online delivery allowing working adults to continue to work in their profession while completing coursework on a part-time basis.
- Ability to network with professionals from across the country.
The Bachelor of General Studies opens doors to diverse career paths depending on the area of study you select. This unique program offers flexible options for students wishing to complete a bachelor's degree online.
Electives are unrestricted. As 6 credit hours of the concentration requirements may overlap with the General Studies Program, the total unrestricted electives may be 30-34 hours.
Option 1: Students must take 27 credit hours of general studies and choose three out of the following four concentration areas (completing 15 credit hours in each area).
- Fine Arts: Art History, Music
- Humanities: English, Journalism, Speech
- Social Sciences: Psychology, History, Sociology
Professional Studies: Management, Marketing, Accounting, Family Studies, Interior Design, Physical Education, Social Work
Option 2: Students must take 27 credit hours of general studies and choose to specialize in one concentration area above (30 credit hours) and a complementary concentration area (15 credit hours) as listed above.