Spanish Education, MA Ed
Master of Arts in Education Degree in Spanish Education
Why Pursue This Program
The online Spanish Education, MA Ed online program is designed for professional K-12 educators who would like to continue their education and professional development as Spanish language teachers. This program is a blend of language and teacher education courses.
Why choose this program:
- Fully online, 36 credit hours
- Students have the option to complete part of their coursework through a study abroad program
- 18 credit hours of coursework in Spanish and 18 credit hours in topics related to second language acquisition and foreign language pedagogy
- Develop a network of colleagues from across the country
Graduates from this in-demand program go on to:
- Advance their professions within their schools
- Pursue careers as Spanish teachers in community colleges
- Serve as lecturers and adjuncts in colleges and universities
What's it like to take a program online?
Quality learning experience
The University of Nebraska has offered distance education courses for more than 100 years so you can expect a quality, rigorous experience. Online courses are often highly interactive with faculty and students communicating through e-mail, discussion forums and chat groups. You’ll have direct access to world-class faculty – researchers who are experts in their fields or practitioners with real-world experience. Also, you’ll be part of a community of learners and can benefit from the perspectives of students from across the globe.
Online learning gives you the flexibility and freedom to attend your classes wherever is convenient to you. You can save time and money by being able to continue to work and by avoiding relocation or travel costs. You will be required to complete assignments in a certain timeframe, but in most instances, you can log in and complete coursework during the time of day that works best for you. You aren’t tied to a specific class time.
Service you expect from a leading University
Online learners at the University of Nebraska have access to the same student services available to on-campus students. An academic adviser will guide you along your journey, library services are available to help you excel in your program and career services are available when you are ready to take your next step. These are just a few of the services in place to help you succeed.