Public Health, MPH (Environmental and Occupational Health)
Master of Public Health Degree with a Concentration in Environmental and Occupational Health
Why Pursue This Program
The online Master of Public Health (MPH) with a concentration in Environmental and Occupational Health degree program is designed for students and working professionals looking to broaden their training in environmental health, occupational health, toxicology and related fields.
The Public Health, MPH Environmental and Occupational Health concentration provides students with:
- The opportunity to explore how the physical environment affects one's health
- Basic knowledge in ecological, environmental, toxicology and agricultural and occupational health
- A broad understanding of relevant problems in the various areas of ecological health, environmental health, occupational health, and safety or toxicology with particular emphasis on agriculture
- The ability to apply this information to important problems in these areas such as pollution, air health, water quality and home/work environments
Career Outlook: The environmental and occupational health industries offer the opportunity to work in an array of fields. The wide variety of careers in these industries may often involve a substantial amount of fieldwork. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment is projected to grow by 9% from 2014 to 2024.
Potential career paths for graduates of this online program include:
- Occupational and environmental health and safety professionals
- Air quality specialist
- Environmental health professional
- Environmental sanitation engineer
- Public education outreach
- OSHA compliance officers
- Disaster management professionals
- Groundwater protection
- Environmental health program specialists
- Safety officers
- Director of health institutes
What's it like to take a program online?
Quality learning experience
The University of Nebraska has offered distance education courses for more than 100 years so you can expect a quality, rigorous experience. Online courses are often highly interactive with faculty and students communicating through e-mail, discussion forums and chat groups. You’ll have direct access to world-class faculty – researchers who are experts in their fields or practitioners with real-world experience. Also, you’ll be part of a community of learners and can benefit from the perspectives of students from across the globe.
Online learning gives you the flexibility and freedom to attend your classes wherever is convenient to you. You can save time and money by being able to continue to work and by avoiding relocation or travel costs. You will be required to complete assignments in a certain timeframe, but in most instances, you can log in and complete coursework during the time of day that works best for you. You aren’t tied to a specific class time.
Service you expect from a leading University
Online learners at the University of Nebraska have access to the same student services available to on-campus students. An academic adviser will guide you along your journey, library services are available to help you excel in your program and career services are available when you are ready to take your next step. These are just a few of the services in place to help you succeed.