Organizational and Relational Communication, BS
Bachelor of Science Degree in Organizational and Relational Communication, BS
Why Pursue This Program
The online Bachelor of Science in Organizational and Relational Communication program equips students with an understanding of communication theories and skills to become professional ethical communicators in a rapidly changing and diverse global environment.
Students graduating from this program:
- Demonstrate and apply professional written communication skills.
- Demonstrate and apply relevant professional oral and visual communication skills.
- Apply communication-related concepts to contemporary issues and everyday life.
- Demonstrate informational literacy including how to gather, evaluate and interpret information.
Graduates of the online Organizational and Relational Communication, BS program report meaningful gains in presentation skills, leadership skills and group communication skills.
Who should consider this degree?
- People who seek positions in junior management, human relations, marketing or public relations with career goals of going into the law field, recruitment, human resources or management.
- People interested in pursuing advanced education in law, recruit
- People who are looking to increase their skills in effective communications
- Anyone interested in expanding their knowledge and skills to grow professionally
- People who have an associate degree and are interested in pursuing a bachelor's degree
A wide array of career options are available to students who study in this field, including:
- Public relations director
- Corporate recruiter
- Corporate communications manager
- Community relations directors
- Customer sales representatives and supervisors
- Human resource managers
- Public administrators
What's it like to take a program online?
Quality learning experience
The University of Nebraska has offered distance education courses for more than 100 years so you can expect a quality, rigorous experience. Online courses are often highly interactive with faculty and students communicating through e-mail, discussion forums and chat groups. You’ll have direct access to world-class faculty – researchers who are experts in their fields or practitioners with real-world experience. Also, you’ll be part of a community of learners and can benefit from the perspectives of students from across the globe.
Online learning gives you the flexibility and freedom to attend your classes wherever is convenient to you. You can save time and money by being able to continue to work and by avoiding relocation or travel costs. You will be required to complete assignments in a certain timeframe, but in most instances, you can log in and complete coursework during the time of day that works best for you. You aren’t tied to a specific class time.
Service you expect from a leading University
Online learners at the University of Nebraska have access to the same student services available to on-campus students. An academic adviser will guide you along your journey, library services are available to help you excel in your program and career services are available when you are ready to take your next step. These are just a few of the services in place to help you succeed.