Music Education, MA Ed
Master of Arts in Education Degree in Music Education
Why Pursue This Program
The fully online Music Education, MA Ed program is designed for teachers wishing to advance their degree and for music enthusiasts.
Students of this program experience:
- Online music courses for teachers seeking a Master of Arts in Education, Music Education degree program
- Education that will serve the students cultural or professional needs
- A variety of courses for those seeking personal or professional fulfillment
Students may choose this program because:
- They are a teacher at the K-12 or community college level looking for musical professional development
- They plan to continue their graduate education toward a doctorate
- They seek personal musical development
- They wish to enhance professional goals
Career Outlook: The need for K-12 educators is in high demand across all areas of study with the demand for Arts, Drama and Music Teachers increasing due to rising student enrollment.
Careers in Music Education include:
- Music Instructor
- Elementary/Primary School Music Teacher
- Secondary School Music Teacher
- Choir Director
- Music Education Supervisor
- Band Director
- Private Instrument Teacher
- Music Librarian
- Orchestral Musician
- Music Producer
- College, Conservatory or University Music Professor
What's it like to take a program online?
Quality learning experience
The University of Nebraska has offered distance education courses for more than 100 years so you can expect a quality, rigorous experience. Online courses are often highly interactive with faculty and students communicating through e-mail, discussion forums and chat groups. You’ll have direct access to world-class faculty – researchers who are experts in their fields or practitioners with real-world experience. Also, you’ll be part of a community of learners and can benefit from the perspectives of students from across the globe.
Online learning gives you the flexibility and freedom to attend your classes wherever is convenient to you. You can save time and money by being able to continue to work and by avoiding relocation or travel costs. You will be required to complete assignments in a certain timeframe, but in most instances, you can log in and complete coursework during the time of day that works best for you. You aren’t tied to a specific class time.
Service you expect from a leading University
Online learners at the University of Nebraska have access to the same student services available to on-campus students. An academic adviser will guide you along your journey, library services are available to help you excel in your program and career services are available when you are ready to take your next step. These are just a few of the services in place to help you succeed.