Long-Term Care Management, MS
Master of Science Degree in Long-Term Care Management
Why Pursue This Program
The online Master of Science in Long-Term Care Management program prepares students for leadership roles in long-term care facilities, including nursing homes, hospice centers, home-health facilities, assisted-living centers and veterans homes.
Who should choose this program?
- Health practitioners seeking management positions.
- Individuals from any field who want to pursue a non-clinical healthcare-related administrative career.
Knowledge and skills gained through coursework will increase understanding of finance, management and processes to position oneself to facilitate change and achieve higher levels of quality in an organization.
Why should you choose this program?
- Provides a solid foundation in management and social science topics for well-rounded expertise to oversee long-term care facilities
- Internship opportunity equips you with valuable experience in the healthcare industry to jumpstart your administrative career
- UNK faculty will assist you in setting up an internship that is tailored to your professional goals and is located at a long-term care facility in or near your community
Career Outlook: As an entire generation of Baby Boomers face retirement and the need for long-term healthcare, the demand for healthcare administrators or executives is growing. Long-term care administrators have a strong influence on the quality of services available to this demographic.
Career paths include:
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Social and Community Service Managers
- Administrative Services Managers
What's it like to take a program online?
Quality learning experience
The University of Nebraska has offered distance education courses for more than 100 years so you can expect a quality, rigorous experience. Online courses are often highly interactive with faculty and students communicating through e-mail, discussion forums and chat groups. You’ll have direct access to world-class faculty – researchers who are experts in their fields or practitioners with real-world experience. Also, you’ll be part of a community of learners and can benefit from the perspectives of students from across the globe.
Online learning gives you the flexibility and freedom to attend your classes wherever is convenient to you. You can save time and money by being able to continue to work and by avoiding relocation or travel costs. You will be required to complete assignments in a certain timeframe, but in most instances, you can log in and complete coursework during the time of day that works best for you. You aren’t tied to a specific class time.
Service you expect from a leading University
Online learners at the University of Nebraska have access to the same student services available to on-campus students. An academic adviser will guide you along your journey, library services are available to help you excel in your program and career services are available when you are ready to take your next step. These are just a few of the services in place to help you succeed.