International Family Studies, MS
Master of Science Degree in International Family Studies
Why Pursue This Program
The online International Family Studies, MS is designed to prepare graduates with the knowledge and skills to strengthening families through research, service and policy intervention.
Students choose this program to:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding and broad-based skills necessary for strengthening families worldwide.
- Become prepared to engage in constructive public discourse to sustain and strengthen families across the globe.
- Learn to effectively and ethically act in communities to assist in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Advance themselves through cutting-edge, intercultural curriculum.
This program is offered through the Global Consortium for International Family Studies (GCIFS), where students learn from scholars and educators around the world through partnerships with various institutions.
Career Paths may include:
- Government Agencies (immigration, health, military)
- Health and Military
- World Health Organizations (WHO)
- NGO Offices
- Philanthropic Organizations
- International Corporations
- Humanitarian Services
What's it like to take a program online?
Quality learning experience
The University of Nebraska has offered distance education courses for more than 100 years so you can expect a quality, rigorous experience. Online courses are often highly interactive with faculty and students communicating through e-mail, discussion forums and chat groups. You’ll have direct access to world-class faculty – researchers who are experts in their fields or practitioners with real-world experience. Also, you’ll be part of a community of learners and can benefit from the perspectives of students from across the globe.
Online learning gives you the flexibility and freedom to attend your classes wherever is convenient to you. You can save time and money by being able to continue to work and by avoiding relocation or travel costs. You will be required to complete assignments in a certain timeframe, but in most instances, you can log in and complete coursework during the time of day that works best for you. You aren’t tied to a specific class time.
Service you expect from a leading University
Online learners at the University of Nebraska have access to the same student services available to on-campus students. An academic adviser will guide you along your journey, library services are available to help you excel in your program and career services are available when you are ready to take your next step. These are just a few of the services in place to help you succeed.