Human Resource Management, Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
Why Pursue This Program
The online Human Resource Management, Graduate Certificate is designed to prepare professionals to recruit and retain an organization’s most important asset: its people. Students will gain knowledge about recruitment, selection, performance evaluation, compensation and the legal aspects of employment.
Students choose this graduate certificate in human resource management because:
- The flexible format, which includes 8-week courses.
- Courses are optimized for mobile access and delivery.
- Credits earned in this certificate can be applied towards an MBA.
- World-class Big Ten faculty offers dynamic online learning experiences and courses backed by scholarly research and lead the conversation on what’s next in business
- The network of peers that spans multiple industries, job titles and geographic locations, who provide meaningful connections and exceptional peer-to-peer learning opportunities
Core courses in this program provide students with comprehensive skills directly applicable to today’s business world.
Career Outlook: The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the demand for Human Resources Managers is growing at a rate of 7%, faster than the national average. As new companies form and organizations expand their operations, they will need more human resources managers to oversee and administer their programs.
Career paths may include:
- Human Resources Manager
- Compensation and Benefits Managers
- Human Resources Specialists
- Labor Relations Specialists
- Training and Development Managers
What's it like to take a program online?
Quality learning experience
The University of Nebraska has offered distance education courses for more than 100 years so you can expect a quality, rigorous experience. Online courses are often highly interactive with faculty and students communicating through e-mail, discussion forums and chat groups. You’ll have direct access to world-class faculty – researchers who are experts in their fields or practitioners with real-world experience. Also, you’ll be part of a community of learners and can benefit from the perspectives of students from across the globe.
Online learning gives you the flexibility and freedom to attend your classes wherever is convenient to you. You can save time and money by being able to continue to work and by avoiding relocation or travel costs. You will be required to complete assignments in a certain timeframe, but in most instances, you can log in and complete coursework during the time of day that works best for you. You aren’t tied to a specific class time.
Service you expect from a leading University
Online learners at the University of Nebraska have access to the same student services available to on-campus students. An academic adviser will guide you along your journey, library services are available to help you excel in your program and career services are available when you are ready to take your next step. These are just a few of the services in place to help you succeed.