Financial Communications, Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate in Financial Communications
Why Pursue This Program
The online Financial Communications Graduate Certificate is designed to provide expertise and practical skills to communicate an organization’s financial health through this cutting-edge, certificate program.
Students choose this graduate certificate in financial communications because:
- They gain practical communication skills from journalism and business professors.
- Credits earned in this certificate can be applied towards an MBA
- World-class Big Ten faculty offers dynamic online learning experiences and courses backed by scholarly research and lead the conversation on what’s next in business
- The network of peers that spans multiple industries, job titles and geographic locations, who provide meaningful connections and exceptional peer-to-peer learning opportunities
- The flexible format is optimized for mobile delivery. Courses are delivered in 8-week sessions.
This unique certificate provides courses and expertise from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s College of Business and College of Journalism and Mass Communication.
Skills students learn through the program:
- Communication technologies
- Public relations strategies
- Organizational business strategies
- Writing financial news
- Interpreting business reports
- Financial statement analysis
- Capital expenditure analysis
- Managing finances
Career Outlook: Students gain expertise and practical skills to boost their career whether they work in the finance sector, media communications or anywhere in between.
Sample Career Paths include:
- Financial Journalist
- Financial Advisor
- Broadcast Journalism
- Public Relations
- Chief Financial Office
- Business Communications
What's it like to take a program online?
Quality learning experience
The University of Nebraska has offered distance education courses for more than 100 years so you can expect a quality, rigorous experience. Online courses are often highly interactive with faculty and students communicating through e-mail, discussion forums and chat groups. You’ll have direct access to world-class faculty – researchers who are experts in their fields or practitioners with real-world experience. Also, you’ll be part of a community of learners and can benefit from the perspectives of students from across the globe.
Online learning gives you the flexibility and freedom to attend your classes wherever is convenient to you. You can save time and money by being able to continue to work and by avoiding relocation or travel costs. You will be required to complete assignments in a certain timeframe, but in most instances, you can log in and complete coursework during the time of day that works best for you. You aren’t tied to a specific class time.
Service you expect from a leading University
Online learners at the University of Nebraska have access to the same student services available to on-campus students. An academic adviser will guide you along your journey, library services are available to help you excel in your program and career services are available when you are ready to take your next step. These are just a few of the services in place to help you succeed.