Master of Science Degree in Finance
Why Pursue This Program
The online Master of Science in Finance curriculum is designed to provide students with the fundamental skills that employers seek to make the smartest financial and investment decisions.
Students choose this program because:
- Coursework is relevant and engaging which gives them a dynamic learning experience.
- They learn from Big Ten Faculty. Finance courses are developed and taught by highly respected faculty in one of the strongest academic conferences in the nation.
- They have access to a global classroom. Students make meaningful connections with experienced colleagues around the world
- Of resources such as a career coach, a strong culture of networking and a resume review service
Core courses in this program provide students with comprehensive skills directly applicable to this field. Courses are offered completely online, optimized for mobile access and offered in 8-week sections.
- Managerial Finance
- Managerial Economics
- Multinational Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
- Options, Futures and Derivative Securities
- Financial Accounting
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Fixed Income Analysis
- Cases in Financial Management
- Portfolio Management and Ethics
Career Outlook: The job outlook for careers in finance is strong with a projected growth of 10% from 2016 to 2026 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2018).
This program is optimal for professionals working in areas such as:
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Advising
- Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Finance-related careers
What's it like to take a program online?
Quality learning experience
The University of Nebraska has offered distance education courses for more than 100 years so you can expect a quality, rigorous experience. Online courses are often highly interactive with faculty and students communicating through e-mail, discussion forums and chat groups. You’ll have direct access to world-class faculty – researchers who are experts in their fields or practitioners with real-world experience. Also, you’ll be part of a community of learners and can benefit from the perspectives of students from across the globe.
Online learning gives you the flexibility and freedom to attend your classes wherever is convenient to you. You can save time and money by being able to continue to work and by avoiding relocation or travel costs. You will be required to complete assignments in a certain timeframe, but in most instances, you can log in and complete coursework during the time of day that works best for you. You aren’t tied to a specific class time.
Service you expect from a leading University
Online learners at the University of Nebraska have access to the same student services available to on-campus students. An academic adviser will guide you along your journey, library services are available to help you excel in your program and career services are available when you are ready to take your next step. These are just a few of the services in place to help you succeed.