Family & Community Services, MS
Master of Science Degree in Family and Community Services
Why Pursue This Program
The online Family and Community Services, MS program focuses on the development and implementation of public, private and voluntary support services for individuals, families and localities.
Students of the online Family and Community Services, MS program gain:
- A research-based perspective to understand individual, family, interpersonal and community dynamics across the lifespan.
- Knowledge and skills related to the design, implementation, evaluation, and sustainability of family and community service programs.
- Essential knowledge and skills for leadership and management of family and community service programs.
- Knowledge of the impact of diversity in the delivery of family and community services in a global social context.
- A commitment to practicing professional and ethical responsibility.
Career Outlook: The Family and Community Services, MS program prepares individuals to function in a variety of occupations promoting family life and family/community development. Students in this program will also enhance their skills as human service professionals worldwide.
Career options may include:
- Army Community Services
- Pre/Post Deployment Assistance
- Family Advocacy Program
- Child Development Centers
- Consumer Credit Counseling Services
- Emergency Shelter
- Crisis Center
What's it like to take a program online?
Quality learning experience
The University of Nebraska has offered distance education courses for more than 100 years so you can expect a quality, rigorous experience. Online courses are often highly interactive with faculty and students communicating through e-mail, discussion forums and chat groups. You’ll have direct access to world-class faculty – researchers who are experts in their fields or practitioners with real-world experience. Also, you’ll be part of a community of learners and can benefit from the perspectives of students from across the globe.
Online learning gives you the flexibility and freedom to attend your classes wherever is convenient to you. You can save time and money by being able to continue to work and by avoiding relocation or travel costs. You will be required to complete assignments in a certain timeframe, but in most instances, you can log in and complete coursework during the time of day that works best for you. You aren’t tied to a specific class time.
Service you expect from a leading University
Online learners at the University of Nebraska have access to the same student services available to on-campus students. An academic adviser will guide you along your journey, library services are available to help you excel in your program and career services are available when you are ready to take your next step. These are just a few of the services in place to help you succeed.