Licensure and certification requirements vary by profession and from state to state. If you are considering an academic program from the University of Nebraska that leads to a professional license, it is highly recommended that you first seek guidance from the appropriate state licensing agency in your home state BEFORE beginning the academic program to ensure that you can obtain a license in your home state.
CareerOneStop, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment, and Training Administration provides a survey tool for locating regulatory bodies associated with licensed professions in each state.
The Council on Licensure, Enforcement, and Regulation maintains a listing of various licensing and regulatory boards in North America. Visit the relevant licensing board in your home state to verify if the University of Nebraska program you are interested in meets the licensure or certification requirements in your home state.
Information about various licensures for all states can be located through the following sites:
- U.S. Department of Education – State Contacts
- Social Work Examination Services – State Licensing Boards
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) – Boards
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) – State Members
- Nurse Licensure Compact States
- National Association of State Boards of Accounting – State Boards